How to Grow a Podcast with Kevin Chemidlin
- A little bit about Kevin and his background.
- Kevin was raised to go for stability. He went into corporate because it was “the thing to do.”
- How did Kevin get into podcasting and grow his podcast?
- Kevin realized nothing was working in growing his podcast, so he decided to take a step back and study from the greats.
- Make sure you have something that people want to pay you money for before you leave your job.
- Entrepreneurship is so much more “in” than when Kathy first started.
- How did COVID-19 impact Kevin and his business?
- When you have a good mindset and perspective, you can tackle any challenge thrown at you.
- What results are Kevin’s clients seeing from growing their podcast?
- Kevin shares some tips on how to grow your podcast listenership.
- Kevin recommends you unfollow or mute everyone on social media that you don’t have a positive reaction with.
- Focus on growing your following for just 15 mins. a day. Kevin caps it at 60 mins. max, or else you’ll get distracted and waste your time.
- How do you engage online in four different ways?
- Go where your followers are and don’t promote, but participate.
- Leave thoughtful comments on people’s posts. Don’t just comment “nice.”
- Engage with your dream collaborators! Kevin shares how.
- Remember, it’s all about starting a dialogue and not asking people for stuff.
- Do you have time for this? Yes! How long do you spend on social media? Take 15 mins. of that and do it intentionally.
- A confused mind says no. Make sure you have a focus on all your social media profiles.
You have to make yourself happy first before you can make everyone else happy. Click To Tweet
Social media is designed by people with multiple PhDs in psychology and human behavior where their whole job is to make you stay on that app. Click To Tweet
If you’re not asking people for stuff, your dream guests and celebrities will DM with you! Click To Tweet
About Kevin Chemidlin
Kevin Chemidlin is a podcaster and podcast coach. He launched his first podcast in 2018 as a side hobby, and a little over a year later he took that show past 100 thousand downloads and 100 thousand dollars monetized. Now, he helps other podcasters do the same thing, through “Grow The Show,” a podcast to help podcasters grow their podcasts… super meta!